Friday

Some basic ingredients for my cooking style.

I hate buying a certain spice or widget to use in a new dish only to find out I never end up using it again.  What a waste!   My goal of " Real Simple Meals" is a collection of spices and utensils that you can use in many ways and get different results.  I like to think of it this way,  My cooking is Flavored for spice lovers and it looks presentable at the table too!

So let's backtrack a little and show you some ingredients that I tend to use over and over again. Not always together, sometimes with other common items. Hopefully, you will see the end results is an array of spicy dishes that look good, are generally healthy and look pleasing on the plate-  a good way to win points with friends and loved ones.

The following are photos of spices a lot of my dishes have in them. Being a photographer, I figure a photo is worth 1,000 words. Here is 7,000.

McCormick red pepper Flakes - good staple items to have around. -RealSimpleMeals.com
Red Pepper Flakes are perfect to add before you cook or when it is ready to serve.  Adds nice flavor.


Honey- good staple items to have around. -RealSimpleMeals.com
Honey- better than sugar and adds sweetness

JB's Meat rub. -RealSimpleMeals.com
A great meat rub.  a great seasoning for vegetables too!

    El Diablo mustard  Not for the faint of heart!. -RealSimpleMeals.com
The Best mustard Around! 4 different flavors each one outstanding. Write this name down.

Mae Ploy sweet chilli sauce. -RealSimpleMeals.com
Mae Ploy- Sorry it is half used, I love this on chicken and shrimp

Cole&Mason Pepper mill -RealSimpleMeals.com
Cole & Mason Pepper Mill.  Pricey but well worth it in the long run. 5 different settings!


Basic ingredients- good staple items to have around. -RealSimpleMeals.com
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce-  Once again almost out. Got to restock this staple item.

No comments:

Post a Comment